WordPress Business Theme Wish List
For our second commercial WordPress theme we are putting together a specialised small business theme. Its early days but we already have a good idea of the general structure of the theme. However, it is crucial that it has the all the features in there that YOU want to see in a theme of this type!
The target audience for this theme is going to be the small/medium business market who are looking for a CMS type site. If you have an interest in this type of theme then please leave a comment, we would love to hear your thoughts.
Have you previously searched for a small business theme but didn’t really find any with a suitable feature set, or had other aspect(s) that were missing/lacking? If so, then here is your chance to let us know!
Any ideas and suggestions we receive will be carefully considered, and added to the list of theme features as appropriate. If a particular idea is quite involved, or complex then we still may be interested in it but it may be held off until a later release. This is so that we can get the theme shipped to an initial user base in order for the theme to be put through its paces as soon as possible.
Scott, our lead designer, is currently busy testing different designs for the new business theme, but the current front runner is based on the screen shots shown below. These are home page mock-ups only, so let us know what other page layouts/templates you would love to see for a small business theme.
To give you an idea of Scott’s design talents take a look at his bespoke design portfolio, where you can see some great examples of his previous work.
The current initial list of features is specified below. This will undoubtedly grow as people give their feedback. Why not leave a comment now and tell us what feature(s) you would most find attractive in a small business theme?
Current Feature List
- Plenty of color schemes (around 12 unique schemes)
- 1, 2, or 3 column layouts per post/page
- Up to 100 custom widget areas can be switched on in theme options (name of each one can be edited, to be more meaningful if you wish)
- The sidebar(s) on each post/page can have any number of widget areas added (including custom ones). These widget areas on the post/page editor screen can be dynamically dragged/dropped to easily change widget area display order
- Full width, Blog, Contact form, and Sitemap page templates included
- Custom logo upload functionality, and hide/display site description
- Built-in SEO settings configurable for each post/page
- Choose fluid or fixed site-wide layout
- 100% widgetized home page (rather than ship multiple ‘fixed’ homepage templates)
Pingback: Is there still room in the theme world?
Can you send me the download link to the theme, thanks for sharing